You are a successful sales leader. Not only can you sell things better than most, but you know how to lead and inspire a team to do so. Capable and experienced in building, developing, and nurturing high-performance sales teams, you are able to lead on the big sells, as well as supporting on all the other ones.
You are passionate that selling is what keeps the lights on. You are not someone easily dissuaded by the no’s or the rejections. Instead, through considerate consultative selling, you are someone that will go out and sell things yourself, even in tough times. Someone who doesn’t want to put the phone down and walk away, but someone who has the desire to sell our fantastic products. In short, someone who can hustle as well as building for the future in a big way.
As the hands-on sales leader within the business, the importance of this role cannot be understated. You will be a recognised and empowered leader of the business. Big things will be expected of you, and you will be thinking big, and doing small things in equal measure.
You will be the one leading on the transition of our sales approach from founder-led selling, to selling via a high performing sales team.
Managing, building, and growing a high performing sales team will be your main task, but you still need to do just as much of the selling, strategy, and leadership expected of a Sales Director, so organisation, time management, capability, energy, and tenacity will all be necessary traits.
You will be working in collaboration with the Commercial Director, and you will be accountable to the CEO & COO. You will be the one who builds and manages a high performing sales team.
Role and responsibilities
Chiefly responsible for collaborating with the Commercial Director to establish revenue growth opportunities, and then executing on these opportunities, your main roles will be:
- Overall responsibility for Cazana sales (B2B lead)
- Managing our existing sales team and account managers.
- The building, managing, coaching, developing and leading a highly effective SaaS sales and account management team.
- The building, managing, and growing a sales pipeline to generate a predictive sales funnel.
- Working with other directors of the business to tie what they do with the known and unknown commercial opportunities.
- Delivering a robust set of KPIs/ metrics and reporting on them on a regular basis so that the whole business knows how we are doing sales-wise, as well as where we are aiming.
- Inspiring all employees of the business through your sales passion and determination.
- Leading by example and selling our products yourself, especially the big stuff/ deals.
- Along with the Commercial Director, selling in place of our founding CEO.
- Working closely with our awesome Marketing department to better convert their leads into revenue.
- Supporting and line managing our Director of insight so that he can continue to act as a trusted source of information to the sector.
- Supporting and collaborating with the Head of Sales at Car & Classic, a brand within Cazana.
What do you get?
- Competitive base salary, within uncapped OTE via commission
- Share options
- Private health care
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done (remote and flexible working welcome)
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it